The Union County Humane Society relies heavily on our volunteers. We would not be here today without the generosity of our countless volunteers for contributing their precious time and money to the Shelter’s missions. We are forever in your debt!
Our work is very dependent on volunteers like you! If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, stop by the shelter to complete an application or complete the application below and our volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you.
We currently have the following volunteer opportunities:
- Dog Walking – mornings (8:00 – 1:00) and afternoons (2:00 – 5:00)
- Dog Kennel Cleaning – mornings (7:30 – 10:00) and afternoons (3:00 – 5:00)
- Cleaning the “Cat Cottage”
- Grounds Maintenance – grass cutting, weeding, watering plants, etc.
- General Maintenance – laundry, cleaning, painting, cutting & splitting firewood, etc.
- Fund Raising and Special Events
- Assist Animal Photographer
- Education in Union County Schools
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! To begin the process, please read about our expectations. If you’re still interested, you can print and complete the Volunteer Application and bring it UCHS for review or fill out the form below!